Sitting here on a Sunday afternoon, it's time to relax.
I've had my daily coffee fix courtesy of my favourite local cafe in Kingston and I've finished decorating the Donna Hay lemon cupcakes I made last night.
I've vibered Mum and Dad and caught up on the local gossip and skyped one of my brothers. The wonders of modern technology to stay in touch with family on the other side of the world!
My husband is in the bedroom finally putting up the Laura Ashley blinds we bought a couple of months ago. He had tried to tell me the electric drill had gone missing and so he wasn't able to do it, however after raising my eyebrows and giving him the 'I so don't believe you' look he conceded defeat and suddenly found it. Funny about that.
Looking out the window our plants are blooming and all that is missing is some beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Oh well perhaps another day.
So I'm pondering the week ahead and psyching myself up for what will be a very busy day tomorrow. I'm excited though because it will be a short week for us as my husband and I are taking Thursday and Friday off. It's been a trying few weeks with a close relative in hospital so time to take some R&R.
On Wednesday night we have my cousin from Australia over with his French girlfriend. While my husband is excited he gets to practice his French, I'm researching places to go in central London, a good Blighty old school pub perhaps and then somewhere nice along the Thames for dinner.
So where do you go if you only have one night in London?
A boat ride along the Thames?
Ride on the London eye?
Theatre perhaps?
Jack the Ripper walk....
Mmmmm so many options
Where and what would you do if you only had one night in London? I would love to hear your tips and suggestions.
I've had my daily coffee fix courtesy of my favourite local cafe in Kingston and I've finished decorating the Donna Hay lemon cupcakes I made last night.
I've vibered Mum and Dad and caught up on the local gossip and skyped one of my brothers. The wonders of modern technology to stay in touch with family on the other side of the world!
My husband is in the bedroom finally putting up the Laura Ashley blinds we bought a couple of months ago. He had tried to tell me the electric drill had gone missing and so he wasn't able to do it, however after raising my eyebrows and giving him the 'I so don't believe you' look he conceded defeat and suddenly found it. Funny about that.
Looking out the window our plants are blooming and all that is missing is some beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Oh well perhaps another day.
So I'm pondering the week ahead and psyching myself up for what will be a very busy day tomorrow. I'm excited though because it will be a short week for us as my husband and I are taking Thursday and Friday off. It's been a trying few weeks with a close relative in hospital so time to take some R&R.
On Wednesday night we have my cousin from Australia over with his French girlfriend. While my husband is excited he gets to practice his French, I'm researching places to go in central London, a good Blighty old school pub perhaps and then somewhere nice along the Thames for dinner.
So where do you go if you only have one night in London?
A boat ride along the Thames?
Ride on the London eye?
Theatre perhaps?
Jack the Ripper walk....
Mmmmm so many options
Where and what would you do if you only had one night in London? I would love to hear your tips and suggestions.


Ooooo... ONE night? Dinner at the Oxo brasserie is good as the views are great and it's a fun place. You can walk along the southbank and then across at the Tate Modern to St Pauls, get on a tube and go into the West End and catch the vibe in Covent Garden...? So many things to do in London, aren't there?!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips - we definately will go into Covent Garden and find a nice British pub then walk back across the bridge to the Southbank!
Delete