One of my welcome presents when I arrived in the UK in May was a 'Bake for Britain' cookbook.
Do you think this was a hint?
Feeling domestic today I flicked through the book to see what I could make. The Cornish Fairing caught my eye, mainly because I already had all the ingredients in the cupboard.
Because I'm curious I googled the Cornish Fairing. Apparently it's a traditional ginger biscuit commonly found in Cornwall. The term 'Fairing' used to mean an edible treat sold at fairs, now more commonly known as Ginger Biscuits or Gingerbread. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_fairing
They are an easy biscuit to whip up but beware, even if you roll them into tiny balls they spread everywhere. The recipe also said to cook them for 10-12 minutes but they looked well baked in half the time.
Not sure if these look like the real thing. H will have to taste test when he gets home tonight!
Do you think this was a hint?
Feeling domestic today I flicked through the book to see what I could make. The Cornish Fairing caught my eye, mainly because I already had all the ingredients in the cupboard.
Because I'm curious I googled the Cornish Fairing. Apparently it's a traditional ginger biscuit commonly found in Cornwall. The term 'Fairing' used to mean an edible treat sold at fairs, now more commonly known as Ginger Biscuits or Gingerbread. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_fairing
They are an easy biscuit to whip up but beware, even if you roll them into tiny balls they spread everywhere. The recipe also said to cook them for 10-12 minutes but they looked well baked in half the time.
Not sure if these look like the real thing. H will have to taste test when he gets home tonight!
| The recipe |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!