Wednesday, 22 August 2012

POD

Once upon a time there was something known as SAD syndrome. SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) was a well known depression associated with lack of sunlight and bright blue skies. All of which Blighty typically lacks.

But we now have a new syndrome that is hitting the residents of Blighty quite hard, and its called POD, also known as Post Olympics Depression.

Those suffering from POD typically describe feelings of missing something and tend to be teary. Some have been found staring at their television sets constantly changing channels searching for the remnants of any Olympics news. Others who have to go back to work, lack concentration skills and are regularly seen staring out the window.

POD sufferers should be able to ease their symptoms with the upcoming Paralympics, but after that I'd suggest they're going to just have to get over it!

I know I write this in jest however POD is something that has been mentioned in the news over here. I wonder if any other country has created an actual syndrome for the after effects of the Olympics?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!