What do you do with excess plums?
The easiest solution would be to try and make jam, however I wanted to see whether I could find something different. So after googling for a while, I found Delia's Spiced Damson Chutney.
I've never made a jam or chutney in my entire life so this has got to be something for the record books!
It actually was quite easy, the plums simmer amongst ingredients such as apple, raisins, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. 3 hours cooking time allows the spice to settle around the apartment reminding me of grandma's cooking.
H wanted to try it straight away but I had to break the news to him, we have to let it sit for a good 3 months, just in time for Christmas!
What do I do with the rest of the plums?
The easiest solution would be to try and make jam, however I wanted to see whether I could find something different. So after googling for a while, I found Delia's Spiced Damson Chutney.
I've never made a jam or chutney in my entire life so this has got to be something for the record books!
![]() |
| The process (or some of it!) |
![]() |
| The end result! |
What do I do with the rest of the plums?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!