Thursday, 9 August 2012

How far would you go for your job?


A picture paints a thousand words...

Walking along Oxford Street the other week I caught sight of this guy standing in the middle of the footpath. With an expression of complete disinterest further exemplified by the fact he was listening to his iPod, you could not escape the bright clothing so tactfully (not) displaying  advertising.

We snuck a photo!

So this has got me thinking about just how far would you go for your job? 

Would you sport some neon lycra and stand amongst the public advertising your companies goods. 

When I first came to the UK a number of years ago I was on a bus ride out to see one of the many castles around here and got talking to a young British girl next to me. When I asked what she did for a job she paused before replying and told me that no one knows what she actually does for a job but essentially she was a stripper. Apparently she did it to pay her way through University. 

I do recall many years ago helping out a friend and putting on an inflatable Mr M&M costume only to be the playmate of dozens of children that thought it was funny hitting me from behind so that by the time I turned around they had run away. I think this would be as far as I would go.

So how far would you go for your job? Feel free to comment as I'd love to know!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!