Thursday, 23 August 2012

A bloke called Perves

Today I was served by a barrister called Perves. 

I don't normally take any notice of barrister names, however for some reason this one jumped out at me. I did think I had misread the name badge but when he brought me my coffee I rechecked, yes it definately was Perves.

I wonder if there's many Perves around? Actually there typically is when you're walking around building sites, I just wasn't expecting one in a coffee shop.

Seriously though parents usually are careful about the names they give their children so they are not teased at school, imagine this poor bloke!

Maybe he has a celebrity parent as they typically choose odd names. Look at Nicole Richie's kid called Sparrow.

In Oz we have some Sparrow slang which is 'up at a sparrows-fart', which actually means getting up very early. The bird Sparrow is typically a pest as well. So poor Sparrow if she ever goes to a normal school!

Back to Perves, he obviously enjoys his name as he has a badge with it clearly printed in black and white. And while I think he has a rather odd name I have to conclude that he makes a damn good coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!