Be warned there seems to be a revival of harry high pants in Blighty which means its on its way to you shortly (if not already).
On an outing to the grocery store today I saw two girls in their 20's sporting them. On the weekend I saw one as well (below).
I don't mean to be a bad sport but seriously do those things really look flattering?! High pants are typical of our senior citizens, as you get older your pants get higher. That's just the way it is.
They were also a trend in the 80's with 'were' being the operative word. I know 80's fashion seems to be enjoying its revival, every time I go shopping I walk out disgusted by all the over-sized t-shirts, however would you willingly subject yourself to high pants fashion?
Pity they don't have the oversized hair, fingerless gloves and big earings to go with it!
I have to confess I do have one item from the 80's that has made its way back into my wardrobe - it's a top with shoulder pads. But that's as far as I'm going. Let's hope harry high pants goes back to where it belongs, in retirement!
On an outing to the grocery store today I saw two girls in their 20's sporting them. On the weekend I saw one as well (below).
![]() |
| High pants : The one on the right! |
They were also a trend in the 80's with 'were' being the operative word. I know 80's fashion seems to be enjoying its revival, every time I go shopping I walk out disgusted by all the over-sized t-shirts, however would you willingly subject yourself to high pants fashion?
Pity they don't have the oversized hair, fingerless gloves and big earings to go with it!
I have to confess I do have one item from the 80's that has made its way back into my wardrobe - it's a top with shoulder pads. But that's as far as I'm going. Let's hope harry high pants goes back to where it belongs, in retirement!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!