Baking of course!
And if you don't know what a 'little chicken' or 'chicken little' day is... 'the sky is falling in, the sky is falling in'. In other words... an overcast, dull, dreary day with no blue sky.
One of the things on my to do list has been to trial a wedding cake. I'm debating whether or not to bake my own to save money. So yesterday I tried a Madiera cake. There were so many tips on how to cook it online i.e. place a bowl of water in the oven, wrap the tin in newspaper, scrape the batter away from the middle before baking. I did try these, however it has come out quite crusty on the top and right now I'm too scared to cut it, so will leave it for a day.
After that I trialed Golden Cauliflower Soup with Moroccan Spices which I found on Foodily. A healthy and yummy soup if you're after something different.
And finally I decided to make H's favourite Lemon and Poppyseed cupcakes. This time I decorated them a bit differently...
Now I think it's time to put my feet up with a glass of wine!
And if you don't know what a 'little chicken' or 'chicken little' day is... 'the sky is falling in, the sky is falling in'. In other words... an overcast, dull, dreary day with no blue sky.
One of the things on my to do list has been to trial a wedding cake. I'm debating whether or not to bake my own to save money. So yesterday I tried a Madiera cake. There were so many tips on how to cook it online i.e. place a bowl of water in the oven, wrap the tin in newspaper, scrape the batter away from the middle before baking. I did try these, however it has come out quite crusty on the top and right now I'm too scared to cut it, so will leave it for a day.
After that I trialed Golden Cauliflower Soup with Moroccan Spices which I found on Foodily. A healthy and yummy soup if you're after something different.
![]() |
And finally I decided to make H's favourite Lemon and Poppyseed cupcakes. This time I decorated them a bit differently...
![]() |
![]() |
Now I think it's time to put my feet up with a glass of wine!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!