If I thought my glorious tan, which I had worked so hard to achieve, could withstand
the midst of a really cold winter in Blighty then I was up for a shock.
My once tanned skin is so luminous that when I look in the mirror
I have to pinch my cheeks a few times to get the blood circulating. I kind of
look like a vampire without the fangs.
Makeup doesn’t help. And I refuse to succumb to the fake tan
craze that the poms are renowned for. Yes I’m buggered and will be forever more
a luminous whitey. I wish to god I had inherited some of my ancestors dark
skin.
I could be quite cheeky and suggest that the lack of sunlight and vitamin D may attribute to the high proportion of red heads over here.... but there may be another reason for that!
Those skinny legs that I worked so hard to get brown are no
more. The poor things don’t even get out much except when I’m at home in the
comfort of a heated apartment.
Thermals are a standard item to be worn daily and after a
while you totally forget what sexy was like.
Heels well what are they? It’s winter boots and trainers at
the most and I reckon if I had to wear a proper pair of heels for a day my feet
would die of shock.
Then there’s the bleakness of the sky that greets you every
morning when you wake. You get a few of those days in Oz but they are soon
forgotten when you have beautiful blue skies for the majority of the time. But
everyday that I get up the clouds are hugging the trees, mr jack frost has been
and if I’m really lucky it will be raining and windy on top of it.
brrrrrrrr
It’s completely unmotivating and I wonder how people get
things done when really all you want to do on days like that is curl up and go
back to sleep or read a really good book near a roaring fire.
Yes I am painting a pretty grim picture so you’d be
surprised that I have only been back in the country since late January and
haven’t actually had to survive the whole winter... yet.
I do want to reassure you that there is beauty amongst
this bleakness of winter and a whole lot to be thankful for.
I’m now married and live with the love of my life. No more
travelling 20 plus hours to visit one another on the other side of the world. Phone bills and travel expenses are definately down.
It’s a good excuse for hot chocolate and marshmallows....
yum!
There’s nothing more beautiful than seeing white fluffy
snowflakes falling outside your window. They are yet to settle mind you, but it’s
pretty exciting when you see it.
Slow cooker meals that warm up the whole house and smell so
good. You definitely can’t do this in the summer.
As I sit here writing this post the latest weather forecast for the weekend is snow.... mmmmm looks like I might be wearing those thermals for a little longer!
ps... Yes I'm finally back writing in my newly designed blog page. I hope you like it, not sure if you've missed me but one things for certain.... writing helps maintain my sanity! Bye !

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!