Thursday, 28 March 2013

Recruitment Consultant or Car Salesmen. Which are worse?

Having returned to Blighty recently and this time with a visa that enables me to work, I have entered the world of job hunting. 

What has surprised me is the hit and miss attitudes of recruitment consultants.

There are good ones. 

I know a few personally and they would kill me if I said they all were bad, so I have to say thank you to those that know what customer service actually is and have the honesty and integrity that makes a good recruitment consultant.  

But others... are downright rude, arrogant and possibly way to full of Generation Y's (a big sorry to the Gen Y's that I know !). 

There is now one global agency I will never ever deal with, and if I'm on the other foot I will never accept any candidates from them.

I also have established a rule that if someone doesn't return my call and blatantly ignores me that I will follow up until I get a response just to piss them off.

Going back to the good recruitment consultants.... 

In the post yesterday I received a surprise. A book from the agency Reed. I hadn't requested it nor was it expected but it was a pleasant surprise to receive something that wasn't a bill. It also shows the care factor that this company has for those candidates it represents.  Perhaps a few other agencies could take a leaf out of their book!

So what do I think in terms of whether the recruitment consultant is worse than the car salesmen... I actually think they fall into the same bucket. If you're about to delve into the realm of job hunting in Blighty then prepare yourself.

And meanwhile the job hunting continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!