Sunday, 20 October 2013

A stay at the South Place Hotel

It's not often you take time out to holiday in your own city. Typically you want to escape it. Think of the smog, crowds, cement... who really wants to stick around for that?  Wouldn't wide open spaces, green fields, flowers in bloom and fresh country air be what you crave? Perhaps it's what you prefer, I know it's typically what I prefer.  But sometimes it's worth staying local and pretending you're on holiday.  We recently stayed at an inner city hotel right smack bang in the middle of high-rises, cement, road works and after work crowds. Now that might put you off, but you have to have an open mind and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by my two nights stay at The South Place Hotel.  



Located just near Liverpool Street Tube Station (less than a 10 minute walk), South Place Hotel is unassumingly set among city work blocks.  Unless you knew it was there or if you walked past during a Friday after work drinks session you would walk straight past. 

A new and modern hotel, South Place has only been open for 12 months but its surprising the level of detail it has to make your stay extra special. At the reception desk you are provided with a refreshing minted tea to sip on while the friendly staff check you in. 

The rooms are modern, not huge but big enough for just a two night stay. A comfortable bed and pillows makes it extra hard to get out of bed in the morning, that and probably one to many glasses of red the night before.  The motorised blind completely blocks out any sunshine (let me rephrase...light) so if you have flown in the night before and feel like wasting the day away you wouldn't know what time of day it was.

I loved the detail in the room, from a fresh lemon and lime for your G&T to personalised directories of activities to do either in the hotel or nearby. Then there's the 'oranges and lemons say the bells of st clements' body products in the bathroom.













A great restaurant doubles as a breakfast room and I can highly recommend at least trying the breakfast one morning while you are there.



The hotel has its own games room equipped with pool table, lounges, library, board games and even a turntable if you want to try your DJ skills. Once again I lost all rounds of pool.



If you want an excuse to stay in London after work one night or are looking to surprise your other half, then stay at The South Place Hotel.

Bye for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!