Friday, 27 July 2012

Excitement builds in London

This is not going to be a long post but I really just wanted to share with you how excited Britain is with the Olympic Opening Ceremony kicking off tonight. 

Its buzzing.

This morning as the torch passed Kingston atop of the Queen's rowbarge 'Gloriana' on the Thames, a mass bell ringing around London took place (8.12am to be exact). Even Big Ben rang for 3 minutes for the first time since King George VI's funeral.

From first sight of the boats on the horizon to seeing the rowbarge with the torch.
If you look closely at the 4th photo you can see an Aussie boat called the 'Barramundi'
Departing Kingston under the Kingston Bridge

Gossip is raging on who will be the person who lights the cauldron to signal the opening of the Olympics. Some of the names include The Queen and David Beckham.

There is also gossip about the mascots so I learnt yesterday. Apparently Wenlocks one eye represents the 'all seeing eye'....! Odd.

So what am I doing on this special occasion?

H and I are off to Hyde Park to watch an opening ceremony concert featuring Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Duran Duran and someone called Paolo Nutini (?).

I have my green and gold (really yellow) outfit sorted and even painted the toenails!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!