Tuesday, 10 July 2012

A New Experience (Number 1)


In the effort to keep my sanity, get out of the house and meet some more of the locals I have embarked upon a number of new experiences. One of which is a writing course through the local adult education centre in Kingston.

Being the Taurean I am, there was a mass of research to do before I signed up!

The winner was a short course ‘How to write a Novel’ and I chose this because; 
1. I wanted to see whether I liked it ; and 
2. To test whether I actually had any writing talent. Well there’s no need to continue if I don’t!

Point 1 I believe has been proven as a yes considering I came out of the class buzzing with an overwhelming sense to write. I also liked the fact it was a nice small class of 5 (including the teacher), me being the only Aussie amongst 2 Brits and an Irish woman (who I can't understand at all!). All I could interpret from 3 hours with her was the statement 'I only read Irish literature'. No comment.

The upcoming session this week will undoubtedly prove yes or no for point 2 because we have to submit the start of a novel. I'm rather nervous to submit something that is starting to be put to paper after being in my head for such a long time, what if its completely crap?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!