Sunday, 1 July 2012

The trouble with Vacuum Cleaners (Hoovers)


There are some people out there that rarely pull a vacuum cleaner out the cupboard but as I come from a background where cleaning is firmly ingrained in my being, I typically am well acquainted with the modern vacuum cleaner or Hoover as it’s called here in Britain.

You will therefore find it rather amusing that this week I had to google ‘how to use a Dyson vacuum cleaner?’

Have you seen these things? You almost need a license to use them, well I obviously do!
Upon switching it on, there was absolutely no suction coming from the bottom so after looking at all the pipes and openings I finally found the suction which was coming from the top. I then proceeded to search for a button that could change the location of the suction and got rather frustrated when I couldn’t find it. So what do you do when you’re stuck in this situation? Google it!

The next problem was emptying the bin, after trying about a dozen buttons I finally succumbed to googling again. In the end a 5 minute job actually turned out to be half an hour, at least now I am qualified to use it again.

ps. If you didn’t already know, which I didn’t hence googling again... the term Hoover is used because it was one of the first brands of vacuum cleaner. Typically the poms use the term!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!