Tuesday, 25 September 2012

A post from Tamil Nadu

Today I'm posting from Chennai, India the capital of the state Tamil Nadu.


  
After a ten hour flight we arrived somewhat later than expected at about 5am India time. I enjoyed the flight though, I managed to squeeze a seat next to H up in Premium Economy (thanks to the lovely flight attendant) so with a bit of extra leg room, some nice champagne I sat back and enjoyed catching up on movies.

Of course it's always nice to relax before landing in the chaos that is India. Thankfully as we landed in the wee hours of the morning, things were a little quieter. It probably helps ease your way back into it actually, with just a few tuk tuks, buses, motor bikes, random people and dogs meandering the streets at that hour.

After a late breakfast/lunch during which I stupidly had a coffee (the milk didn't agree with me), I've since had a green tea, feel better and have escaped the confines of my room to relax in the 36 degree humidity down by the pool. By the way it seems all the wifes / girlfriends etc are down here to.


There are trees - behind me!

Now I'm reflecting on the last time I was here. Unfortunately I had a bad flashback of the cockroaches that plagued me thanks to a boss that put me up in a dodgy hotel. Plus a full month working here was a little to long for my liking.

Thankfully this time I'm in a nice hotel and have H here to share it with. Well time to do some real work, wedding organising and job hunting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!