In one of my recent posts I mentioned that I'd started the shopping process for my wedding. Since I'm not working I've got plenty of time to investigate all options and since the location is now sorted, I'm looking for those other big purchases such as a photographer.
Who would have thought photography would eat up a large portion of the budget?
I think I might change my career!
In London I can find one on Gumtree for a whole day including all the photos on a CD for something between 450 to 800 pounds. There are loads of up and coming wedding photographers offering a cheaper rate and experienced ones looking to fill their diaries offering cheaper rates.
In Oz I'm lucky to find one for the same cost.
Since my wedding will be in the Barossa Valley, I looked at the local Barossa Brides website which had links to a few photographers;
1. Event Imaging : $3,400
2. Angelsmith Photography : No cost = expensive!
3. Barossa Photo Company : No cost = another expensive one!
4. Melanie Linklater Photography : Nice blog and photo's but no cost listed again!
Then I checked the Gumtree Australia site and found just one wedding photographer (Jason Milligan Photography) with quite a good website but poor photo's offering it for $1,100.
Looks like we'll be stuck paying through the teeth for these photographers!
Who would have thought photography would eat up a large portion of the budget?
I think I might change my career!
In London I can find one on Gumtree for a whole day including all the photos on a CD for something between 450 to 800 pounds. There are loads of up and coming wedding photographers offering a cheaper rate and experienced ones looking to fill their diaries offering cheaper rates.
In Oz I'm lucky to find one for the same cost.
Since my wedding will be in the Barossa Valley, I looked at the local Barossa Brides website which had links to a few photographers;
1. Event Imaging : $3,400
2. Angelsmith Photography : No cost = expensive!
3. Barossa Photo Company : No cost = another expensive one!
4. Melanie Linklater Photography : Nice blog and photo's but no cost listed again!
Then I checked the Gumtree Australia site and found just one wedding photographer (Jason Milligan Photography) with quite a good website but poor photo's offering it for $1,100.
Looks like we'll be stuck paying through the teeth for these photographers!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!