Having the chance to actually go to the Olympic Stadium in London was something I never thought we'd get to do, however H managed to secure us some Paralympics tickets a few weeks ago.
It is a massive and very impressive Stadium. Walking into it you get caught up in the excitement amongst the mass of people going to support the paralympians.
We watched the athletics amongst a very revved up crowd. When the Brits competed and whether they won or lost the noise was like something you'd never heard before.
While I didn't get to hear Advance Australia fair, I did get to see a few Brits win gold and stand and sing to God Save the Queen.
The athletes themselves were so inspiring.
We saw a number of blind 100m sprints, these competitors are teemed up with a co-runner with sight. When we watched them, it looks like they tie themselves together.
Then athletes with cerebal palsy, limbs missing, in wheelchairs - amazing achievements. I think this event will be the highlight out of my London 2012 Olympics experience.
It is a massive and very impressive Stadium. Walking into it you get caught up in the excitement amongst the mass of people going to support the paralympians.
![]() |
| Olympics Stadium and The Orbit |
We watched the athletics amongst a very revved up crowd. When the Brits competed and whether they won or lost the noise was like something you'd never heard before.
While I didn't get to hear Advance Australia fair, I did get to see a few Brits win gold and stand and sing to God Save the Queen.
The athletes themselves were so inspiring.
We saw a number of blind 100m sprints, these competitors are teemed up with a co-runner with sight. When we watched them, it looks like they tie themselves together.
Then athletes with cerebal palsy, limbs missing, in wheelchairs - amazing achievements. I think this event will be the highlight out of my London 2012 Olympics experience.
![]() |
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!