Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Japanese

I've never been partial to sushi, the thought of putting something raw and fishy in my mouth coated in seaweed does nothing to excite the palate. It's a bit like pork, the smell of which leaves me feeling nauseous. Who could subject themselves to a flesh that apparently is the closest to human flesh? yuk!

You will then be surprised that I agreed to try Japanese on Friday. 

To ease my way into it, we started out at a bar called Mahiki. Apparently this is a location where Prince Harry has been seen a few times. We didn't see him and instead were entertained by the waiter who served us in his finest pirate voice...ahoy me hearties!  I tried the Monkey Brains cocktail which was delicious...


Monkey Brains




















The Japanese restaurant that we went to was called Sake No Hana located just near Green Park.  I did attempt the raw fish, but found the cooked version of black cod to be the highlight. Some Saki and a wonderful chocolate desert topped off the evening. And yes I will go out for Japanese again, this time though a little less Saki.

The yummiest desert!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!