Your choice of the day... flattened badger, fox or pheasant.
I found a television program last night called 'Come Dine with Me'. It features four individuals who host dinner parties. The one that gets the highest vote wins a thousand pounds. So after tucking into my roast mushrooms for dinner I started watching (By the way, I was thankful I had eaten before hand).
When one of the contestants said she only cooks Road Kill, I thought it was a joke. And then I saw the menu:
Starter : Pheasant Road Kill Pies
Main: Water Buffalo called James (She had a photo of him)
Dessert : The only normal one...Creme Brulee
Petit Fours : Barbecued meal worms and Chocolate Coated Scorpion
On the night she served her Road Kill dinner she wore a necklace made from animal teeth (perhaps that's where she collected them from). Only some of the teeth were cats so that is kind of sick isn't it?
The other contestants were obviously a bit dubious about eating their meal, but when she reassured them that she had over cooked the pheasant to ensure any bacteria was killed, they tucked in. And as one of them said 'it will only come out as diarrhea...'.
I don't think I could subject myself to that. When I think of Road Kill, I think of all the dead Kangaroos and Rabbits strewn along Australian highways. Some have been sitting there for days rotting in the hot Australian sun. It certainly doesn't tempt me to stop the car, jump out and rescue the slain animal in a bid to feed my family.
I found a television program last night called 'Come Dine with Me'. It features four individuals who host dinner parties. The one that gets the highest vote wins a thousand pounds. So after tucking into my roast mushrooms for dinner I started watching (By the way, I was thankful I had eaten before hand).
When one of the contestants said she only cooks Road Kill, I thought it was a joke. And then I saw the menu:
Starter : Pheasant Road Kill Pies
Main: Water Buffalo called James (She had a photo of him)
Dessert : The only normal one...Creme Brulee
Petit Fours : Barbecued meal worms and Chocolate Coated Scorpion
On the night she served her Road Kill dinner she wore a necklace made from animal teeth (perhaps that's where she collected them from). Only some of the teeth were cats so that is kind of sick isn't it?
The other contestants were obviously a bit dubious about eating their meal, but when she reassured them that she had over cooked the pheasant to ensure any bacteria was killed, they tucked in. And as one of them said 'it will only come out as diarrhea...'.
I don't think I could subject myself to that. When I think of Road Kill, I think of all the dead Kangaroos and Rabbits strewn along Australian highways. Some have been sitting there for days rotting in the hot Australian sun. It certainly doesn't tempt me to stop the car, jump out and rescue the slain animal in a bid to feed my family.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message!